Ramblings
comments 37

About DadCooksDinner

About DadCooksDinner:

Hello!
I’m Mike Vrobel, a food-obsessed dad who cooks dinner for his family every day. I blog to share my passion for food.
If I didn’t share, I’d probably explode.

I believe in home cooking, simple cooking, and cooking with real food.

I believe that basic techniques set cooking free from recipes. I also believe that technique can constantly be improved.
Especially my technique. I’m a self-taught home cook, so I’m constantly learning new things.

I believe that understanding the science behind cooking makes me a better cook.

I focus on grilling and rotisserie cooking because I’m a guy, and cooking over a live fire satisfies deep seated Y chromosome needs. I write about weeknight cooking because I cook for myself, my wife, and our three kids every night. Beyond that, I go wherever food mania takes me. This covers a lot of ground, from what to do with that strange new vegetable in my CSA to how to make Vietnamese Pho in my pressure cooker.

DadCooksDinner is a one-man effort; I am the writer, editor, photographer, cook, recipe tester, grill lighter, and dishwasher.
*OK, my wife and kids help with the dishwashing.

I hope you enjoy my ramblings about food.  Please stop back soon!

[DadCooksDinner grilling in the snow – picture by Kev Anderson]

Contact Information:
Email is the best way to contact me. Email me at [email protected]

Follow DadCooksDinner on Twitter

As Seen On:

Blog Policies:
Disclosure Policy, where I disclose all the hidden secrets behind this blog and how I make money.
OK, there aren’t any secrets. I don’t make that much money, but I do want my FTC mandated disclosure to sound interesting.

Privacy Policy (required for Google Adsense)
I can’t think of ANYTHING that would make a privacy policy interesting. I tried, but I came up with a blank. Sorry.

Advertising:
If you are a reader, and you want to support DadCooksDinner, thank you! If you buy something through  the Amazon.com links on this site, I get a commission.

I am part of the BlogHer Advertising network and the Google Adsense network, both of which put restrictions on additional ads I can run. I am not looking for additional ads at this time.

Sharing is caring!

Filed under: Ramblings

by

Hi! I’m Mike Vrobel. I’m a dad and an enthusiastic home cook; an indie cookbook author and food blogger with a day job, a patient spouse, and three kids who would rather have hamburgers for dinner.

37 Comments

1. timclaes says

Hi Mike, I posted a while back. Haven’t tried to do suckling pig yet but I did find out where I can buy it when I am ready to try it. I got your book last xmas. It’s become my go-to reference for rotisserie. Love it. Did the dry orange and spices brine for the thanksgiving turkey. Worked out really well. Do you think one can do this with a bigger turkey as well? Might need to further reduce the temperature maybe?

2. Fast Freddy says

Hay dad, love your pressure cooker hummus, one you must include would be a bay leaf or two before you lock the lid down. Adds so much to the flavor.

3. Just got your book for Xmas. Looks very good. Can’t wait to get started but why no recipee for suckling pig

4. C. Malone says

Hi Mike, I too just stumbled onto your blog looking for something different to serve my family for the weekend after the July 4th Holiday other than ground meat and chicken. Pork was on sale this weekend so I decided I would look for a recipe for Rotisserie Pork Shoulder, Make it using your recipe and it was terrific. I like to pin all the recipes I make to Pinterest but you don’t have the link. So I saved you to my favorites. You really need to get a Pinterest link so I can share my good fortune with my friends and I can save all my favorite recipes in one place.
    Thanks
    C. Malone

5. Tim Ragsdale says

Mike,
    I bought your book through amazon and absolutely love it. As I write this my first two chickens are “dry brining” and I’m getting ready to fire up the grill and my new rotisserie kit for my Weber (charcoal/mesquite of course).

6. tzdzienicki says

Hi Mike, Just stumbled onto your blog and am really enjoying it. I recently inherited a Farberware electric rotisserie and have been looking for tips on what and how to cook with it. Can’t wait to try your boneless leg of lamb recipe this weekend with a friend on a Paleo diet. Cheers!

7. Thanks Mike for all the really useful tips. Just bought my first Rotisserie oven and found your blog through Google. I learned a lot and was amused at the same time. Well done for taking the time to do this and help others! Anne, Eastbourne, England

8. candid one says

Hi Mike,
    It was nice to read your post. I like All-Clad too & have just started my collection with d5 4qt essential pan…must say it’s wonderful. I am verymuch interested in visiting the All-Clad Seconds sale in Pennsylvania, but would like to know if I have to book my place or ticket before hand or everyone is welcomed there? I am talking about July 2013 sale is I am not making a mistake.
    Thanks