Instant Pot Deviled Eggs with Potato Chips. Deviled eggs topped with crushed potato chips? Yes, and they are fantastic with the extra crunch.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard (or yellow mustard)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Paprika for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons crushed potato chips for sprinkling
- Hard boil the eggs (Instant Pot 5-5-5 eggs): Pour 1 cup of water into an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Put a vegetable steaming basket in the pot, and set 6 large eggs in the basket. Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes (“Manual” or Pressure Cook mode on the Instant Pot.). Once the pressure cooking time is over, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes to finish cooking, then quick release any remaining pressure. Immediately move the eggs to an ice water bath to chill for at least 5 minutes. (Detailed hard-boiling instructions here: Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs)
- Separate the yolks and mash the filling: Peel the hard-boiled eggs. Slice the peeled eggs in half lengthwise, and gently remove the yolks to a bowl. (Set the whites aside on a plate, cut side up.) Break up the yolks with a fork until they are crumbled. Add the mayonnaise, pickle relish, and dijon mustard to the bowl. Stir and mash with the fork until completely combined and most of the lumps of egg are gone. (Or, if you want an ultra-smooth filling, blend with a hand mixer.) At this point, the egg halves and filling can be covered and refrigerated for up to a day.
- Pipe the filling into the eggs, garnish, and serve: Use a quart-sized zip-top bag as a piping bag: scoop the filling into the bag and squeeze the filling down into one corner, then seal. Snip off ¼ inch of that corner of the bag, then squeeze the bag from the top to pipe out the filling. Pipe the filling into the holes in the egg halves. Sprinkle the eggs with paprika, and then with the crushed potato chips. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Deviled Eggs with Potato Chips, Pressure Cooker Deviled Eggs with Potato Chips