Cajun spice rub. A kick of seasoning from Louisiana, salt-free so you can add your own salt separately.
- ½ cup paprika
- ½ cup granulated garlic
- ¼ cup granulated onion
- ¼ cup fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dried oregano
- ¼ cup dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- Mix up the blend: Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until completely mixed. Store in a sealed container for up to six months.
- Makes about 2 cups of spice blend
- If you want to kick it up a notch (BAM!) increase the cayenne to ¼ cup. And stand back.
- Category: Building Blocks
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American