Cast Iron Roasted Cauliflower recipe - cauliflower florets spice rubbed and roasted in the oven in a cast iron pan.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt (or Diamond Crystal kosher salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Toss the cauliflower with the oil and spices: Set the oven to 400°F. Peel the leaves off of the cauliflower, cut out the core, and discard. Cut the cauliflower florets into bite sized pieces. Put the cauliflower pieces in the cast iron pan. Drizzle the cauliflower with the olive oil, sprinkle with the salt, paprika, coriander, and black pepper, and toss until evenly coated.
- Roast the cauliflower: Slide the skillet into the oven. Roast the cauliflower until browned and crispy around the edges and tender all the way through when poked with a paring knife, about 35 minutes. (If you can, toss the cauliflower every 10 to 15 minutes to even out the browning.)
If you are using the oven, even if it isn't 400°F, add the cauliflower. This technique is flexible enough to work anywhere between 350°F and 450°F. Just adjust the timing - it will take about 45 minutes at 350°F, but only 30 minutes at 450°F.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American