Grilled Baby Potatoes in Foil. Foil-packed baby potatoes are the perfect side dish for a grilled meal. You can cook both the main course and the side dish on the grill at the same time.
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes (or quartered red potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika (preferably smoked Spanish paprika, optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- Foil-wrap the potatoes: Lay a 2-foot piece of wide, heavy-duty aluminum foil flat on the counter. Lay the potatoes in a rectangle down the middle, leaving a lot of space on the sides of the foil. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and then drizzle with the olive oil. Bring the long sides of the foil together over the top of the potatoes. Fold the long sides over twice, then keep folding until you have a long envelope with the foil tight against the pile of potatoes. Roll the open ends of the envelope tight against the potatoes to seal. Flip and shake the sealed foil pouch to coat the potatoes with the seasonings and oil.
- Grill the foil envelope of potatoes for 30 minutes over direct medium heat (350°F): Preheat your grill to medium - about 350°F - and put the foil pouch of potatoes on the grill grate directly over the heat, seam side up. Grill the pouch of potatoes for 20 minutes, then gently flip it over and grill it for the final 10 minutes.
- Check and serve: Remove the foil pouch from the grill, carefully open it (protect your hands - the foil will be hot), and poke a potato with a paring knife. The knife should slide in without any resistance. If not, seal the pouch and cook for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Pour the potatoes from the pouch onto a serving platter and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled Baby Potatoes In Foil, Foil packet baby potatoes on the grill