Grilled Boneless Chicken Breasts with Citrus Marinade recipe. Chicken breasts marinated with orange, lemon, lime, and spices, grilled until golden, brown, and delicious.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt (or 2 teaspoons table salt)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Marinate the chicken breasts: Whisk the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade, then pour the rest into a gallon zip-top bag. Add the chicken breasts to the bag, squeeze out as much air as possible, and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours, flipping the bag every now and again to make sure the chicken is evenly marinated. (Or, marinate in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold the chicken in one layer.)
- Set the grill up for direct medium heat: Set your grill up for direct medium heat, 350°F. I preheat my gas grill on high for 10 minutes, then brush the grates clean and turn the burners down to medium. In my kettle grill, I light a chimney starter 3/4 full of coals; when the coals are lit and covered with gray ash, I pour them in a loose single layer on half of the charcoal grate. Then I put on my grill grate and brush it clean.
- Grill the chicken breasts: Put the chicken on the grill grate directly over the heat. (Keep the lid closed as much as possible). Grill the chicken until it has good grill marks on the bottom, about 3 minutes, then flip the chicken. Grill until it has good grill marks on the other side, about 3 more minutes. Flip the chicken and rotate each piece 90 degrees (for a crosshatch of grill marks), then grill until you have another good set of grill marks. Flip the chicken one last time – it is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, about 3 more minutes.
- Rest and serve: Put the chicken breasts on a serving platter and drizzle with the reserved marinade. Let them rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Category: Grilling
- Cuisine: American