Instant Pot Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs are a fun and colorful appetizer with their gorgeous pink color.
- 6 large eggs
- Liquid from 32 ounces of pickled beets (plus water if needed)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt (a pinch)
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Prepared Horseradish (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Minced chives (Optional Garnish)
- Hard boil the eggs (Instant Pot 5-5-5 eggs): Pour 1 cup of water into an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Put a vegetable steaming basket in the pot, and set 6 large eggs in the basket. Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes ("Manual" or Pressure Cook mode on the Instant Pot.). Once the pressure cooking time is over, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes to finish cooking, then quick release any remaining pressure. Immediately move the eggs to an ice water bath to chill down for at least 5 minutes. (Detailed instructions here: Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs).
- Beet Pickle the Eggs: Peel the hard-boiled eggs. Put them in a bowl and pour in the pickled beet liquid. (I add a few of the beets to the bowl, too). If the pickling liquid doesn't cover the eggs, add water until the eggs are covered. Move the bowl to the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Separate the yolks and mash the filling: Slice the pickled eggs in half lengthwise, and gently remove the yolks to a bowl. (Set the whites aside on a plate, cut side up.) Break up the yolks with a fork until they are crumbled, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Add the prepared horseradish, dijon mustard, and mayonnaise to the bowl. Stir and mash with the fork until thoroughly combined and most of the lumps of egg are gone. At this point, the egg whites and filling can be covered and refrigerated for up to a day.
- Pipe the filling into the eggs, garnish, and serve: Scoop the deviled egg filling into a quart-sized zip-top bag and squeeze the filling down into one corner. Twist from the top of the bag to force all the filling down, then snip off ¼ inch of that corner of the bag. Put the point of the bag into one of the egg holes and squeeze from the top to pipe the filling out until the hole in the egg is heaping and full. Repeat until all the egg white halves are filled. (Any leftover filling is a chef's treat.) Sprinkle the eggs with paprika, and top each with a chopped chive. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 12 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs, Pressure Cooker Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs