Instant Pot Braised Kale and Pancetta. Pork and greens with an Italian twist in my pressure cooker.
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 12- to 16 ounces kale, cleaned, stems trimmed, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the pancetta, then add the garlic and kale: Spread the diced pancetta in the bottom of a room temperature Instant Pot or other pressure cooker, and set the pot to sauté mode adjusted to medium. (Use medium heat on other PCs). Heat the pancetta, stirring occasionally, until it starts to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the smashed garlic clove and let it cook for 1 minute with the pancetta. Stir big handfuls of the kale into the pot, coating them with the pancetta and its fat. Keep adding handfuls of kale once the kale in the pot wilts enough to let it fit in. Don't worry about the max fill line on the cooker - it will wilt quickly - but you need to pack it in enough to close the lid. Sprinkle the kale with the salt, then pour the water over the top of everything.
- Pressure cook the kale for 5 minutes with a Quick Release: Lock the lid on the cooker. Pressure cook for 5 minutes at high pressure in both electric and stovetop PCs. (Use "manual" or Pressure Cook mode in an Instant Pot.) Quick release the pressure. Remove the lid carefully - the steam is hot enough to scald.
- Serve: Stir in the fresh ground pepper. Scoop the kale out of the pot with a slotted spoon or tongs, leaving as much liquid behind as possible. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Instant Pot Braised Kale and Pancetta, Pressure Cooker Braised Kale and Pancetta