Instant Pot Buffalo Deviled Eggs. Deviled eggs with hot wings flavor, thanks to the 5-5-5 method of hard boiling eggs in a pressure cooker.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Franks red hot sauce (or other buffalo chicken sauce)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Crumbled blue cheese for garnish
- More Franks Red Hot for garnish
- Hard boil the eggs (Instant Pot 5-5-5 eggs): Pour 1 cup of water into an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Put a vegetable steaming basket in the pot, and set 6 large eggs in the basket. Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes (“Manual” or Pressure Cook mode on the Instant Pot.). Once the pressure cooking time is over, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes to finish cooking, then quick release any remaining pressure. Immediately move the eggs to an ice water bath to chill down for at least 5 minutes. (Detailed instructions here: Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs)
- Separate the yolks and mash the filling: Peel the hard-boiled eggs. Slice the peeled eggs in half lengthwise, and gently remove the yolks to a bowl. (Set the whites aside on a plate, cut side up.) Break up the yolks with a fork until they are crumbled. Stir the Franks red hot into the mayonnaise until smooth, then add the hot mayo to the bowl. Stir and mash with the fork until completely combined and most of the lumps of egg are gone. (Or, if you want an ultra-smooth filling, blend with a hand mixer.)
- Pipe the filling into the eggs, garnish, and serve: Use a quart-sized zip-top bag as a piping bag: scoop the filling into a quart-sized zip-top bag and squeeze the filling down into one corner, then seal. Snip off ¼ inch of that corner of the bag, then squeeze the bag from the top to pipe out the filling. Pipe the filling into the holes in the egg halves. Top each egg with a crumble of blue cheese, and a dot of Franks Red Hot sauce. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Buffalo Deviled Eggs, Pressure Cooker Buffalo Deviled Eggs