Instant Pot Cannellini Beans. Pressure cooker dried beans are a killer application of my Instant Pot. Dried cannellini beans are so much better than canned, and pressure cook in about an hour.
- 1 pound dried cannellini beans (aka Marcella beans), sorted and rinsed
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Sort and rinse the beans: Sort the cranberry beans, removing broken beans, stones, and any other non-bean material. Put the beans in a strainer, rinse the beans, and set them aside to drain.
- Everything in the pot: Pour the beans into an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Stir in 8 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt, then add the rosemary sprig and unpeeled cloves of garlic
- Pressure Cook for 35 minutes with a quick release: Pressure cook on high pressure for 35 minutes in an electric pressure cooker (“Manual” or “Pressure Cook” mode in an Instant Pot), or 30 minutes in a stovetop PC. Quick release the pressure in the pot.
- Serve or Save: Remove the rosemary and garlic cloves and discard. Serve the beans as-is in their broth, freeze in their broth for later, or drain and use them as directed in another recipe.
Simmer to thicken: If you have the time, and want thicker bean liquid, simmer the beans for 20 minutes after pressure cooking. I set my Instant Pot to Sauté mode adjusted to low, set the timer to 20 minutes, and leave the lid off to let the broth evaporate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Instant Pot Cannellini Beans (Marcella Beans), Pressure Cooker Cannellini Beans (Marcella Beans)