Instant Pot Carrot Cake. A fantastic cake full of shredded carrots, fruits, nuts, and spices, with cream cheese frosting, from your Instant Pot pressure cooker. (Really! You can pressure cook a cake!)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ pound carrots, peeled and finely grated
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) butter, room temp
- ⅛ teaspoon (pinch) fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (8 ounces) confectioners sugar
- Prep the pan and ingredients: Grease a 7-inch baking pan or springform pan (I use nonstick spray). Line the bottom with parchment, then grease and flour the pan and liner (I use baking spray). In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and sea salt. In another bowl, mix the chunky ingredients: grated carrots, raisins, and pecans.
- Mix the batter: Put the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl, and beat on medium-high speed until light yellow and thickened about 2 minutes. Turn the mixer down to low and slowly add the bowl of dry ingredients until they are combined. Add the bowl of chunky ingredients, mixing on low until they are combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, then set the pan on a baking sling.
- Pressure cook on Low Pressure for 40 minutes with a 15-minute Natural Release: Put a cup of water in the Instant Pot, gently lower the pan into the pot with the baking sling, and lock the lid. Pressure Cook on Low Pressure for 40 minutes (Manual, Pressure Cook, or Pressure Cook-Custom adjusted to low pressure in an Instant Pot). Let the pressure come down naturally for 15 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Cool the cake: Lift the baking sling out of the pressure cooker. Let the baking pan rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, then gently remove the cake from the pan, set it on a rack, and cool to room temperature, about 3 hours.
- Frost the cake: While the cake is cooling, let the cream cheese and butter come to room temperature. Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the salt and vanilla, slowly add the sugar, and beat until the frosting is smooth, about 3 minutes. When the cake is done cooling, spread the frosting over it, slice it into pieces (I cut the cake into 8 pieces), and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Carrot Cake, Pressure Cooker Carrot Cake