Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake. This pressure cooker cheesecake is a chocolate lover's dream.
- ¾ cup Oreo cookie crumbs (12 cookies, crushed fine)
- 1 pound regular cream cheese, softened (2 (8-ounce) packages)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries
- Prepare the Oreo cookie crust: Spray the 7-inch cheesecake pan with nonstick spray. Crush the Oreo cookies (I pulse them in my food processor until they are fine crumbs, or I put them in a gallon zip-top bag and pound them with a rolling pin). Spread the Oreo crumbs evenly across the bottom of the pan and pack down, pushing the crumbs up the sides a little to make the Oreo crust.
- Make the cheesecake batter: Soften the cream cheese by leaving it out at room temperature for at least 1 hour. (Or soften the cream cheese in the microwave, for 30 seconds to 1 minute). Beat the cream cheese in an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly add the sugar and beat on medium speed until the sugar is completely blended, about 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and beat on low speed until completely blended, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer again and scrape down the sides. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each on low speed until just blended. (Don’t over-beat the eggs.) Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared cheesecake pan.
- Cheesecake into the pot (carefully!): Pour 2 cups of water into your Instant Pot (or another pressure cooker.) Put the cheesecake on your pressure cooker bakeware sling, and lower it into the pot. (If you don't have a sling, use the rack that came with your cooker, and make an aluminum foil sling to lift the cheesecake. Fold a 2-foot-long piece of aluminum foil over a few times, until it is a long strip about 4 inches wide. Center the cheesecake pan on the sling and carefully lower it into the inner pot, setting it on the rack.)
- Pressure cook the cheesecake for 20 minutes with a natural release: Lock the lid on the cooker. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes in an Instant Pot or other electric PC, or for 16 minutes in a stovetop PC. (Use Manual, Pressure Cook, or Pressure Cook - Custom mode set to 20 minutes in an Instant Pot.) Let the pressure come down with a natural pressure release, about 20 more minutes. (If you’re in a hurry, you can quick release any pressure left in the pot after 15 minutes.)
- Cool the cheesecake, then serve: Lift the cheesecake out of the pressure cooker. Loosen the cheesecake from the sides by running a paring knife around the edge of the pan. Put the pan on a cooling rack and cool at room temperature for an hour. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Slice the cheesecake into 8 pieces, top each with a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry slice, and serve. Enjoy!
Pressure Cooker Bakeware SlingBuy Now →
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cheesecake, Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake