Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice. Looking to fill your burrito? Or for a Tex-Mex side dish? Try this quick cilantro-lime rice from the Instant Pot or other pressure cooker.
- 2 cups jasmine white rice (or long grain white rice)
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt or ½ teaspoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Add the rice to the pot: Pour the rice, water, and salt into the pressure cooker pot and stir.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes with a 10-minute natural pressure release: Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Let pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure in the pot.
- Stir in the lime and cilantro:Fluff the rice with a fork, then stir in the lime juice and chopped cilantro. Serve.
- I like the extra lime flavor that comes from adding an entire lime to the recipe. It tastes right mixed into a burrito. But if you want a more subtle lime taste, cut back to half of a lime’s worth of juice, about 1 tablespoon.
- 6 quart or larger pressure cooker (I love my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker)
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, Mexican Rice, Cilantro Lime Rice