Instant Pot Fingerling Potatoes with Herbes De Provence, a quick side dish that takes me back to southern France.
- 1 cup water
- 1½ pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Pressure Cook for 6 minutes with a quick pressure release: Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker pot. Add a vegetable steaming basket, then fill the basket with the fingerling potatoes. Lock the pressure cooker lid. Cook at high pressure for 6 minutes in an electric pressure cooker or stovetop PC (Use “manual” or “pressure cook” mode in an Instant Pot). Quick release the pressure. Once the pressure is released, unlock the pot, opening the lid away from you to avoid the hot steam.
- Drain the potatoes and sauté with olive oil and herbs: Carefully lift the vegetable basket out of the pot and set it aside. Pour the water out of the pot, wipe dry, and return the pot to the pressure cooker base (or stovetop), and set to sauté mode (medium heat on the stovetop). Add the olive oil to the pot and let it heat until it starts shimmering, about 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and let them sit, sizzling in the oil, for about 3 minutes, until they are browned on the bottom. Sprinkle the potatoes with the salt and Herbes de Provence, then toss to coat. Pour the potatoes into a bowl and serve.
- Don't have Herbes de Provence? Use your favorite dried herb blend, or a mix of dried thyme and dried rosemary.
- The 6-minute timing is for big fingerling potatoes from my grocery store; the biggest potatoes are about 1½ inches thick. They’re huge compared to the fingerlings from my farmers market, where they’re an inch or less. My rule of thumb is, well, my thumb. If the fingerling potatoes are all smaller than my thumb, I cut the High-Pressure cooking time back to 4 minutes.
- That said, there are a variety of sizes in a bag of fingerling potatoes. The smallest ones may burst open, even with six minutes under pressure; that’s fine. They get extra crispy during the sauté step.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Pressure Cooker, Instant Pot, Side Dish, Potatoes