Instant Pot Guacamole Deviled eggs. Pressure cooked eggs and avocados come together in this spectacular super bowl appetizer.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- More ground chipotle for sprinkling
- Hard boil the eggs (Instant Pot 5-5-5 eggs): Pour 1 cup of water into an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Put a vegetable steaming basket in the pot, and set 6 large eggs in the basket. Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes (“Manual” or Pressure Cook mode on the Instant Pot.). Once the pressure cooking time is over, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes to finish cooking, then quick release any remaining pressure. Immediately move the eggs to an ice water bath to chill down for at least 5 minutes. (Detailed instructions here: Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs)
- Separate the yolks and mash the filling: Peel the hard-boiled eggs. Slice the peeled eggs in half lengthwise, and gently remove the yolks to a bowl. (Set the whites aside on a plate, cut side up.) Break up the yolks with a fork until they are crumbled. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until smooth. Add the crumbled yolks to the bowl, then stir and mash with the fork until the avocado and egg are completely combined and most of the lumps of egg are gone. (Or, if you want an ultra-smooth filling, blend with a hand mixer.) Add the lime juice, red onion, jalapeño, and garlic; sprinkle with the salt and chipotle pepper. Stir until everything is evenly mixed. At this point, the egg halves and filling can be covered and refrigerated for up to a day.
- Pipe the filling into the eggs, garnish, and serve: Use a quart-sized zip-top bag as a piping bag: scoop the filling into a quart-sized zip-top bag and squeeze the filling down into one corner, then seal. Snip off 1/4 inch of that corner of the bag, then squeeze the bag from the top to pipe out the filling. Pipe the filling into the holes in the egg halves. Sprinkle the stuffed eggs with a little more of the ground chipotle, then serve.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Guacamole Deviled Eggs, Pressure Cooker Guacamole Deviled Eggs