Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake. Sweet, tart, and sour, this pressure cooker cheesecake is a fantastic dessert to make in the Instant Pot (or any other pressure cooker).
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pound regular cream cheese, softened (2 (8-ounce) packages)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- 2 large eggs
- Whipped topping
- Curls of lemon zest (to garnish)
- Prepare the pan: Spray a 7-inch cheesecake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, then spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and pack down, pushing the crumbs up the sides a little.
- Make the cheesecake filling: Soften the cream cheese by leaving it out at room temperature for at least 1 hour. (Or soften the cream cheese in the microwave, 30 seconds to 1 minute). Beat the cream cheese in an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly add the sugar and beat on medium speed until the sugar is completely blended, about 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. Add the vanilla, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and beat on low speed until completely blended, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer again and scrape down the sides. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each on low speed until just blended. (Don’t over-beat the eggs.) Pour the filling into the prepared cheesecake pan.
- Pressure cook the cheesecake for 20 minutes with a natural pressure release: Put the cooking rack in the pressure cooker pot, then pour in 2 cups of water. If your rack does not have handles, make an aluminum foil sling to lift the cheesecake: fold a 2-foot long piece of aluminum foil over a few times, until it is a long strip about 4 inches wide. Center the cheesecake pan on the sling and carefully lower it into the pot, setting it on the rack. Lock the lid on the cooker and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes in an electric PC or 16 minutes in a stovetop PC, then let the pressure come down naturally, about 20 more minutes. (If you’re in a hurry, you can quick release any pressure left in the pot after 20 minutes.)
- Cool the cheesecake, top with whipped topping, garnish, and serve: Lift the cheesecake out of the pressure cooker. Loosen the cheesecake by running a paring knife around the edge of the pan. Cool the pan at room temperature for an hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Top with whipped topping and twists of lemon peel as a garnish.
I don't cover my cheesecake with foil while cooking. I used to, but I stopped when I realized how much it slows down cooking. (The center would never set.) I use a paper towel to dab at any water on top of the cheesecake after cooking.
6 quart or larger pressure cooker (I love my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker)
7-inch springform pan
Steam rack - I love this silicone baking sling by Oxo, or use the rack that came with your pressure cooker
Aluminum foil to make a sling (if you don’t have a rack with handles)
Citrus juicer (I use this lever-action, lemon yellow juicer for both limes and lemons.)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake, Pressure Cooker Lemon Cheesecake