Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Chocolate and mint are a great combination in this pressure cooker cheesecake.
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- 16 ounces regular cream cheese, softened (2 (8-ounce) packages)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (mixed into the cheesecake batter)
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (for topping the cheesecake)
- Prepare the pan: Spray a 7-inch cheesecake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, then spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and pack down, pushing the crumbs up the sides a little. Spread ⅓ cup of mini chocolate chips in an even layer on top of the crust.
- Make the cheesecake filling: Soften the cream cheese by leaving it out at room temperature for at least 1 hour. (Or soften the cream cheese in the microwave, 30 seconds to 1 minute). Beat the cream cheese in an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the sugar and corn starch, and beat on medium speed until the sugar is completely blended, about 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. Add the peppermint extract, green food coloring, and sour cream, and beat on low speed until completely blended, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer again and scrape down the sides. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each on low speed until just blended. (Don’t over-beat the eggs.) Fold ⅓ cup of chocolate chips into the batter by hand. Pour the filling into the prepared cheesecake pan. Sprinkle the remaining ⅓ cup of chocolate chips over the top of the cheesecake.
- Pressure cook for 20 minutes with a Natural Release: Put the cooking rack in the pressure cooker pot, then pour in 2 cups of water. If your rack does not have handles, make an aluminum foil sling to lift the cheesecake: fold a 2-foot long piece of aluminum foil over a few times, until it is a long strip about 4 inches wide. Center the cheesecake pan on the sling and carefully lower it into the pot, setting it on the rack. Lock the lid on the cooker and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes in an electric PC or 16 minutes in a stovetop PC, then let the pressure come down naturally, about 20 more minutes. (If you’re in a hurry, you can quick release any pressure left in the pot after 20 minutes.)
- Cool the cheesecake: Lift the cheesecake out of the pressure cooker. Loosen the cheesecake by running a paring knife around the edge of the pan. Cool the pan at room temperature for an hour, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve: Remove the springform from the cheesecake. Cut the cheesecake into slices - I cut it into eight pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake