Instant Pot Pesto Deviled Eggs. Green deviled eggs? Yes, and they’re a quick and easy appetizer, thanks to Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Slivered fresh basil for garnish
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
- Hard boil the eggs (Instant Pot 5-5-5 eggs): Pour 1 cup of water into an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Put a vegetable steaming basket in the pot, and set 6 large eggs in the basket. Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes (“Manual” or Pressure Cook mode on the Instant Pot.). Once the pressure cooking time is over, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes to finish cooking, then quick release any remaining pressure. Immediately move the eggs to an ice water bath to chill for at least 5 minutes. (Detailed hard-boiling instructions here: Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs)
- Separate the yolks and mash the filling: Peel the hard-boiled eggs. Slice the peeled eggs in half lengthwise, and gently remove the yolks to a bowl. (Set the whites aside on a plate, cut side up.) Break up the yolks with a fork until they are crumbled. Stir and mash the mayonnaise and pesto into the crumbled egg yolks until completely combined and most of the lumps of egg yolk are gone. (Or, if you want an ultra-smooth filling, blend with a hand mixer.)
- Pipe the filling into the eggs, garnish, and serve: Use a quart-sized zip-top bag as a piping bag: scoop the filling into the bag and squeeze the filling down into one corner, then seal. Snip off ¼ inch of that corner of the bag, then squeeze the bag from the top to pipe out the filling. Pipe the filling into the holes in the egg halves. Sprinkle the eggs with slivered basil and red pepper flakes and serve.
- Peel hard-boiled eggs under running water - it gets between the shell and the egg and makes them easier to peel.
- Make ahead: After the filling is mashed, the egg halves and filling can be covered and refrigerated for up to a day. When I’m taking the deviled eggs with me to a party, I pack the filling into its quart-sized zip-top bag, and the eggs into a gallon sized zip lock bag. I pipe the filling and garnish the eggs at the party - it only takes a couple of minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian-American
Keywords: Instant Pot Pesto Deviled Eggs, Pressure Cooker Pesto Deviled Eggs