Instant Pot Potato Salad. The classic summertime side dish, made easy with pressure cooking.
- 1 ½ pounds baby red potatoes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup diced celery (about 1 celery stalk)
- ¼ cup diced red onion (about ¼ of a large red onion)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pressure Cook for 6 minutes with a quick pressure release: Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker pot. Add a vegetable steaming basket, then fill the basket with the baby red potatoes. Set the eggs on top of the potatoes. Lock the pressure cooker lid. Cook at high pressure for 6 minutes in an electric pressure cooker or stovetop PC (Use “manual” or “pressure cook” mode in an Instant Pot). Quick release the pressure. Once the pressure is released, unlock the pot, opening the lid away from you to avoid the hot steam.
- Mix the potato salad with the dressing: Take the eggs out of the pot and cool them down under cold running water. Carefully lift the vegetable basket of potatoes out of the pressure cooker and set it aside to cool. In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper until smooth. Stir in the diced celery, diced red onion, and fresh parsley. Peel and dice the eggs and stir them into the bowl of dressing. Cut the baby potatoes into ¾-inch chunks, then fold them in to the bowl of dressing until coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir again to re-coat the potatoes, serve, and enjoy!
- Lasts for a day or two in the refrigerator, or a couple of hours at room temperature. (For those of you leaving it out on the picnic table: Let’s be careful out there.)
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Potato Salad, Pressure Cooker Potato Salad