Instant Pot Ranch Potato Salad. A pair of Midwestern classics - Ranch dressing and potato salad - combined in a pressure cooker recipe.
- 1½ pounds baby red potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup diced celery (about ½ a rib)
- ¼ cup sliced green onions (about 1 green onion), plus more for garnish
- ½ cup ranch dressing (I get Hidden Valley, out of tradition for its original ranch dressing)
- Pressure Cook for 6 minutes with a quick pressure release: Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker pot. Add a vegetable steaming basket, then fill the basket with the baby red potatoes. Set the eggs on top of the potatoes. Lock the pressure cooker lid. Cook at high pressure for 6 minutes in an electric pressure cooker or stovetop PC (Use “manual” or “pressure cook” mode in an Instant Pot). Quick release the pressure. Once the pressure is released, unlock the pot, opening the lid away from you to avoid the hot steam.
- Mix the potato salad with the dressing: Take the eggs out of the pot and cool them down under cold running water. Carefully lift the vegetable basket of potatoes out of the pressure cooker and set it aside to cool for a couple of minutes. Cut the baby potatoes into ¾-inch chunks and put them in a large bowl, and sprinkle with the ½ teaspoon salt and fresh ground black pepper. Add the diced celery and diced green onion. Peel and dice the eggs and add them to the bowl. Pour the ranch dressing over everything, and gently fold it into the potatoes until everything is coated with dressing. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir again to re-coat the potatoes, sprinkle with a little more minced green onion to garnish, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Ranch Potato Salad, Pressure Cooker Ranch Potato Salad