Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash with Honey and Sage recipe. Quick squash puree with the tastes of fall.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into a rough 1 1/2 inch dice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pressure cook the squash: Melt the butter in the pressure cooker pot over medium-high heat. Add the squash, sprinkle with the salt and baking soda, then stir in the water and the sage. Lock the lid and bring the pressure cooker up to high pressure. Lower the heat to maintain high pressure, cook at high pressure for 20 minutes (24 minutes in an electric PC), then quick release the pressure.
- Puree the squash: Discard the sage leaves, then pour everything else from the pot into a food processor or blender. Add the honey, then run the food processor until the squash is pureed, about 30 seconds. Taste and add more salt and honey if needed, then serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Category: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American