Pressure Cooker Green Beans. A quick pressure cooker side dish. And I do mean quick: 1 minute at high pressure with a quick release
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil (or butter, optional)
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Everything in the pot: Put a vegetable steaming basket in the pressure cooker, and pour in 1 cup of water. Spread the beans out on top of the basket, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Pressure cook for 1 minute with a Quick Pressure Release: Lock the lid on the cooker. Cook at high pressure for 1 minute (“Manual” or “Pressure Cook” mode in an Instant Pot). Quick release the pressure, then remove the lid, tilting it away from you to avoid the hot steam.
- Season and serve: Carefully lift the steamer basket full of beans out of the cooker, and dump the beans onto a serving platter. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil, squeeze a little juice from a fresh lemon over the top, and serve. Enjoy!
- The beans will continue to cook, even after the pressure is released. I get them out of the pot as soon as I can after the pressure valve drops.
- The recipe works with a 12-ounce bag of pre-trimmed green beans, too.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American