Pressure Cooker Kale with Garlic and Lemon recipe - kale from your pressure cooker, quick and easy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 pound kale, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal Kosher salt
- Juice squeezed from 1/2 a lemon
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lightly sauté the garlic, then add the kale: Pour the oil into the bottom of the pressure cooker pot, stir in the garlic, and set the pot over medium heat (stovetop PC) or sauté mode (electric PC). Heat the oil until you just smell the garlic - we want it to bubble around the edges, but not brown - about 2 minutes. Stir a big handful of the kale into the garlic and oil, then start packing in the rest of the kale. Don't worry about the max fill line on the cooker - it will wilt quickly - but you need to pack it in enough to close the lid. Sprinkle the kale with the salt, then pour the water over the top of everything.
- Pressure cook the kale: Lock the lid on the pressure cooker, bring it up to high pressure, and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes (for either electric or stovetop PC). Quick release the pressure. Remove the lid carefully - the steam is hot enough to scald.
- Season and serve: Squeeze the lemon over the kale, then stir in the fresh ground pepper. Scoop the kale out of the pot with a slotted spoon or tongs, leaving as much liquid behind as possible. Serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American