Pressure Cooker Salted Caramel cheesecake recipe. Sweet salted caramel drizzled on top of a smooth, easy pressure cooker cheesecake.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (4 whole graham crackers, crushed)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pound regular cream cheese, softened (2 8-ounce packages)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Salted Caramel Topping
- 16 caramel candy squares (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- Prep the pan: Spray the cheesecake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the graham crackers and melted butter, then spread evenly across bottom of pan and pack in there tight, pushing the graham crackers up the sides a little.
- Make the cheesecake filling: Soften the cream cheese by leaving it out at room temperature for at least 1 hour (or heat it in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, until it is softened). Beat the cream cheese in an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly add the sugar and beat on medium speed until the sugar is completely blended, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating on low speed until just blended. Stir in the vanilla and sour cream by hand. Pour into the cheesecake pan, then tap the pan on the countertop for about 30 seconds to get rid of air bubbles. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and crimp around the edge to seal.
- Pressure cook the cheesecake for 35 minutes with a natural pressure release: Put 2 cups of water in the pressure cooker pot and add the cooking rack. If your pressure cooker rack doesn't have handles, make an aluminum foil sling by folding a 2-foot long piece of aluminum foil over a few times, until it is a long strip about 4 inches wide. Use the sling to lower the cheesecake pan into the pot and set it on the rack. Lock the pressure cooker and pressure cook on high for 35 minutes in an electric PC or 30 minutes in a stovetop PC, then let the pressure come down naturally, about 10 more minutes.
- Cool the cheesecake: Lift the cheesecake out of the pressure cooker. Immediately run a knife around the rim of the cheesecake pan to loosen the cheesecake from the sides. Cool the pan at room temperature for an hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Make the caramel sauce: Unwrap the caramel squares and put them in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon milk and a pinch of salt. (I use a pyrex measuring cup as the microwave safe bowl). Cover and microwave for 1 minute, then stir. (If needed, keep microwaving for 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the caramel is melted and smooth.) Remove the cheesecake from its pan and drizzle the caramel over the top of the cheesecake. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- Soft cream cheese prevents lumps - if the cream cheese is cold, it doesn't smooth out in the mixer.
- After cooking, the cheesecake can be refrigerated for up to 6 days...if it lasts that long.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American