Pressure Cooker State Fair Turkey Drumsticks recipe - massive turkey legs, like you get at the amusement park.
- 6 turkey drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 2 packed teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Season the drumsticks: Mix the salt, brown sugar, pepper, and garlic powder, breaking up any clumps of brown sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the turkey drumsticks.
- Everything in the pot: Pour the water and soy sauce into the pot, then add the drumsticks.
- Pressure cook the drumsticks: Lock the lid and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes stovetop/25 minutes electric PC, then let the pressure come down naturally for 15 minutes, and quick release any remaining pressure.
- Serve: Lift the drumsticks out of the pot with tongs - be careful, they are fall-apart tender. If you have the time, pour the pot liquid in a fat strainer, let the fat float to the top, and pass the de-fatted liquid at the table as a sauce.
If you want to crisp up the turkey skin, brush the drumsticks with the sauce from the pot, then run them under the broiler until browned. (I don't bother, and serve them as-is).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American