Quick horseradish sauce. Four pantry ingredients, stir, and voila: the best friend a beef roast ever had.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish (from the refrigerated case)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Make the sauce: Stir the sour cream, horseradish, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl. Taste and add more horseradish if it needs more kick.
- The measurements are just estimates. I eyeball it. I want 2 parts sour cream, 1 part horseradish, with a little mustard and pepper.
- Also, this recipe scales up or down as needed. Serving a crowd? Double it. (or triple, or quadruple…)
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Dump and stir
- Cuisine: American