Quick Red Salsa from the food processor. A jar of fire roasted diced tomatoes and we're ready to go.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup cilantro (a small handful), washed
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and cut into quarters (yellow, white or red onion)
- 1/2 Chipotle en Adobo, minced, with puree
- 1 (28-ounce) can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Salt to taste
- Mince the aromatics in the food processor: Drop the peeled garlic cloves into a running food processor through the feed tube. Leave the food processor running until the garlic is completely minced - you will hear it stop bouncing around in the processor - about 10 seconds. Put the cilantro in the food processor and chop until finely minced using one second pulses (about five pulses). Add the onion, and use one second pulses to chop to a medium dice (About 3 pulses.) Add the chipotle en adobo, scrape down the sides of the food processor, and pulse a couple more times to get anything that escaped the blades earlier.
- Process the salsa: Add the tomatoes and the lime juice. Process until you get the consistency you want - I shoot for "just a little chunky, not quite soup" - about 30 seconds. Taste for salt - I usually add 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt - and pulse the processor once or twice to mix the salt in if it is needed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salsa
- Cuisine: Mexican