Slow cooker chicken legs, with a quick rub of herbes de provence.
- 8 chicken legs
- 4 teaspoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon per 2 legs)
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence (or Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or your favorite spice blend)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Spice and brown the chicken legs: Sprinkle the chicken legs evenly with the salt, herbes de provence, and pepper. Heat a 12 inch fry pan over medium-high heat, then brown the skin on the chicken legs in two batches. Put four of the legs in the pan, skin side down, and cook until well browned, about 4 minutes. Move the browned legs to the slow cooker, then repeat with the remaining four legs. Pour the chicken fat out of the pan, return the pan to the stove, and add the 1/2 cup of water to the pan. Bring the water to a simmer, stirring and scraping any browned bits on the bottom of the pan into the liquid. Once the browned bits have loosened into the water, pour the water over the legs in the slow cooker.
- Slow cook the chicken legs: Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook the chicken legs on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Serve, passing the liquid in the crock pot on the side as a sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American