Cast Iron Brussels Sprouts Sauté recipe - crispy, sweet Brussels sprouts, seared in a cast iron pan.
- 9 ounces shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat the pan: Preheat the skillet - for a cast iron skillet, preheat over medium-low heat for five minutes, then swirl in the oil. For any other type of skillet, preheat over medium with the oil in the pan, until the oil is shimmering.
- Cook the sprouts: Add the Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Sauté the sprouts, stirring and flipping often. The sprouts are done when they are browned and crisp on the edges and the white center turns a light tan and looks softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar and serve: Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, toss to coat the sprouts evenly, and then scrape the sprouts into a serving bowl.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American