Grilled Short Ribs with Smoked Spanish Paprika Rub. A short ribs recipe for thin-cut flanken style beef short ribs, grilled with an easy spice rub.
- 3 pounds flanken-style short ribs (short ribs cut about ¼-inch thick across the bones)
- 1 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the ribs with the spice rub: Mix the spice rub ingredients until they are completely combined. Sprinkle the ribs with the rub until they are completely coated. (You may have some leftover rub - save it in a jar and use it next time.) Let the short ribs rest at room temperature while the grill preheats.
- Preheat the grill for direct medium heat: Set up the grill for direct cooking over medium heat. (about 350°F). On a gas grill: Preheat on high for 10 minutes, clean the grill grates with a grill brush, then turn the heat down to medium. On a charcoal grill: Light the coals and wait for them to be covered with gray ash. Spread in a single layer of coals over the charcoal grate. Put the grill grate on the grill, and clean with a grill brush.
- Cook ribs for 4 minutes a side: Set the short ribs on the grill over direct heat, and cook for about 4 minutes a side, until they are well browned. (I flip the short ribs in a 2-2-2-2 pattern. 2 minutes, flip, 2 minutes, flip and rotate 90 degrees to get a crosshatch of grill marks, 2 minutes, flip (still rotated), 2 minutes.) Remove ribs to a plate and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Weeknight Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled Short Ribs, Grilled Beef Short Ribs