Instant Pot Boba Tea. Bubble tea, with pressure cooked boba pearls? Yes, it really works, in about half the time of stovetop cooking.
- 4 cups of strongly brewed tea
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup black boba pearls (5oz)
- 1 cup milk (or coconut milk or evaporated milk)
- 8 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (2 per cup)
- Brew the tea (and cool it down): Brew 4 cups of strong tea. (I use a water boiler, double the suggested amount of loose leaf tea or tea bags). Stir in the sugar until it dissolves, then the ice cubes to cool it down. Store in the refrigerator until the pearls are ready. (Do this first, and up to a day early to get the tea completely chilled.)
- Bring the water to a boil and stir in the boba pearls: Pour the 4 cups of water and ½ cup of sugar Into an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Set the pot to Sauté mode adjusted to high (high heat on a stovetop PC). Cover the pot with the non-pressure lid if you have it, and bring the water to a boil. Stir the black boba pearls into the boiling water, and keep stirring for a little bit, breaking up any big clumps of boba pearls that stick together.
- Pressure cook for 2 minutes with a 10 minute Natural Release: Lock the pressure cooker lid, and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes (Use “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” mode in an Instant Pot). Let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Build the glasses of boba tea: Remove the lid from the pressure cooker. Use a slotted spoon to gently break up any big clumps of boba bubbles. Scoop the bubbles into a strainer, rinse with cold water, then let them drain for a minute. Portion the boba bubbles into 4 (16-ounce) pint glasses. Pour 1 cup of tea, ¼ cup of milk, and 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk into each glass, then stir to mix the tea into the boba bubbles at the bottom of the cup. Add a boba straw into each cup, serve, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Instant Pot Boba Tea, Instant Pot Bubble Tea, Pressure Cooker Boba Tea, Pressure Cooker Bubble Tea