Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Pressure cooker cheesecake with a layer of mini chocolate chips above and below the creamy cheesecake center.
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 pound regular cream cheese, softened (2 (8-ounce) packages)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Prepare the pan: Spray a 7-inch cheesecake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, then spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and pack down, pushing the crumbs up the sides a little. Spread ½ cup of mini chocolate chips over the crust in an even layer.
- Make the cheesecake filling: Soften the cream cheese by leaving it out at room temperature for at least 1 hour. (Or soften the cream cheese in the microwave, 30 seconds to 1 minute). Beat the cream cheese in an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the sugar and corn starch, and beat on medium speed until the sugar is completely blended, about 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. Add the vanilla and sour cream and beat on low speed until completely blended, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer again and scrape down the sides. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each on low speed until just blended. (Don’t over-beat the eggs.) Pour the filling into the prepared cheesecake pan. Spread the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips over the top of the cheesecake.
- Pressure cook the cheesecake for 20 minutes with a natural pressure release: Put the cooking rack in the pressure cooker pot, then pour in 2 cups of water. If your rack does not have handles, make an aluminum foil sling to lift the cheesecake: fold a 2-foot long piece of aluminum foil over a few times, until it is a long strip about 4 inches wide. Center the cheesecake pan on the sling and carefully lower it into the pot, setting it on the rack. Lock the lid on the cooker and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes in an electric PC or 16 minutes in a stovetop PC, then let the pressure come down naturally, about 20 more minutes. (If you’re in a hurry, you can quick release any pressure left in the pot after 20 minutes.)
- Cool the cheesecake: Lift the cheesecake out of the pressure cooker. Loosen the cheesecake by running a paring knife around the edge of the pan. Cool the pan at room temperature for an hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve: Remove the springform from the cheesecake. Cut it into slices, carefully sawing through the top layer of chocolate chips before slicing down through the rest of the cheesecake. (I cut the cheesecake into eight pieces). Serve and enjoy.
- I don’t cover my cheesecake with foil while cooking. I used to, but I stopped when I realized how much it slows down cooking. (The center would never set.) I use a paper towel to dab at any water on top of the cheesecake after cooking.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, Pressure Cooker Chocolate Chip Cheesecake