Instant Pot Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo – creamy chicken pasta, a one-pot meal from my pressure cooker.
- 2 (8.8-ounce) packages fettuccine nests
- A shake or two of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (Or 4 cups water + 2 teaspoons table salt)
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips (“Stir Fry” cut at my local grocery store)
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 12 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley or basil)
- Noodles into the pot: Put the fettuccine nests in the pot, sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, and add the butter. Pour the chicken broth into the pot, breaking up the fettuccine nests to help them settle in the water. (It’s OK if they poke out a bit – they’ll relax into the liquid once the pot starts to steam.) Set the chicken breast strips on top of everything.
- Pressure Cook the noodles for 1 minute with a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release: Lock the lid on the cooker and pressure cook for 1 minute at high pressure. (“Manual” or “Pressure Cook” mode in an Instant Pot.) Let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the cheese and serve: Unlock the lid and open, tilting the lid away from you to avoid the hot steam. Leave the pot in “keep warm” mode and pour in the evaporated milk. Stir in half the cheese, and keep stirring gently until the cheese melts, and break up any stuck-together pieces of chicken you see. Add the remaining cheese and the Italian seasoning, and stir until the cheese melts. Serve, sprinkling each serving with a little more red pepper flakes if you like a bit of heat.
- If you can’t find fettuccine nests, you can still make this recipe with 1 pound of regular fettuccine noodles. Break the bundle noodles in half (or more) to make them fit in the pot.
- 6 quart or larger pressure cooker (I love my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker)
- Category: Weeknight Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Instant Pot Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo, Pressure Cooker Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo