Instant Pot Lemon Pepper Wings. Sauced lemon pepper chicken wings make a great dinner or appetizer.
- 3 pounds chicken wing pieces
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Pepper seasoning (with salt)
- OR 1 ½ tablespoons salt-free lemon pepper seasoning and 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
Lemon Pepper Sauce (for wet wings)
- 6 tablespoons butter (¾ of a stick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Pressure cook the wings for 8 minutes with a Quick Release: Sprinkle the chicken wings with the lemon-pepper seasoning. Put a rack in an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker, then pour pour in 1 cup of water. Pile in the wings on top of the rack, and lock the pressure cooker lid. Pressure cook on high pressure for 8 minutes in an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker (use “pressure cook" or "manual" mode in an Instant Pot), or for 6 minutes in a stovetop PC. Quick release the pressure once the cooking timer reaches zero.
- Make the wing sauce: While the wings are cooking, melt the butter. Whisk in the brown sugar, lemon pepper seasoning, ground coriander, and lemon juice. Pour the lemon pepper sauce into a large bowl. (I melt the butter in the microwave, using a large glass bowl, so I only need to clean the one dish).
- Sauce the wings: Open the pressure cooker, tilting the lid away from you to avoid the hot steam. Move the wings from the pot to the bowl of sauce, then toss to coat.
- Broil the wings (optional): Transfer the wings to a rimmed baking sheet, leaving as much sauce as you can in the bowl. Spread the wings out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Set your broiler to high and broil the wings until browned and the sauce is bubbling, 5 to 15 minutes depending on the strength of the broiler. Keep a close eye on the wings; they go from brown to burned quickly under the broiler.
Sauce again and serve: Move the wings from the baking sheet back into the sauce bowl, and toss them one more time to coat with the remaining sauce. Pour the wings onto a platter and serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Sunday Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Lemon Pepper Wings, Pressure Cooker Lemon Pepper Wings