Instant Pot Mini Pumpkin Pies. Pressure cooker magic - mini pumpkin pies steam-baked in my Instant Pot, a taste of fall in about a half an hour.
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Pumpkin pie filling
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 15-ounce can pumpkin purée (aka “pure pumpkin”)
- 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- Prepare the jars: Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, and divide evenly among 6 (6- to 8-ounce) jars or ramekins. Pack the crumbs down in the bottom of the jars. (I use a shot glass to pack down the crust – it fits in the small jars).
- Make the pumpkin pie filling: In a large bowl, beat the egg, In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and ¼ teaspoon salt until evenly combined. Stir the pumpkin into the large bowl with the egg, then stir in the dry ingredients. Slowly whisk in the evaporated milk until everything is smooth. Divide the filling evenly between the prepared jars; each jar should get about ½ cup of filling.
- Stack the filled pumpkin jars in the pot in two layers: Put a cooking rack in the Instant Pot, then pour in 1 cup of water. Set three of the pumpkin jars on this bottom cooking rack. Set a second cooking rack over the layer of jars, then set the remaining 3 jars on top of that rack, offset from the bottom jars to help the steam travel through the cooker.
- Pressure cook the pies for 10 minutes with a Natural Release: Lock the lid and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes in an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. (Use “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” mode in an Instant Pot.) Let the pressure come down naturally, about 10 more minutes.
- Cool the pies: Carefully lift the pie jars out of the pressure cooker. Let the jars cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve: Top each jar with whipped cream and an (optional) sprinkle of chopped pecans. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t have 2 pressure cooker racks? Like to live dangerously? You can – oh, so carefully – stack the second layer of jars on the first layer.
Don’t want to eat these pies all at once? They freeze for up to six months. Let them thaw overnight, then dig in and enjoy.
6 quart or larger pressure cooker (I love my Instant Pot 6-Quart Pressure Cooker)
2 pressure cooker racks - I use this Pressure Cooker Bakeware Sling as the bottom rack, and the metal rack that came with my cooker as the top rack
Half Pint Wide Mouth Canning Jars are the perfect 8-ounce jar for this job
Wide Mouth Canning Jar Reusable Lids for covering the wide-mouth jars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Mini Pumpkin Pies, Pressure Cooker Mini Pumpkin Pies