Instant Pot Turkey Back Broth. A big batch of pressure cooker broth for Thanksgiving, made with a pack of turkey backs.
- 2 pounds turkey backs (about 4 backs)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and halved
- 1 stalk celery, broken into pieces
- 1 carrot, scrubbed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 cups of water (or to cover, or to the max fill line of the PC)
- Everything in the pot: Put the turkey backs in an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Add the onion, celery, carrot, thyme, and salt to the pressure cooker pot, then add the 8 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 1 hour with a Natural Release: Lock the lid. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes in an Instant Pot, electric, or stovetop PC. (Use "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" mode in an Instant Pot.) Let the pressure come down naturally – at least 30 minutes. (It takes a long time for all that water to cool off.) If you’re in a hurry, let the pressure come down for at least 20 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Strain and save the broth: Scoop as much of the solids out of the pot as you can with a slotted spoon and discard. Strain the broth through a fine mesh strainer. Refrigerate the broth for up to 3 days, or freeze in 2-cup containers for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Turkey Back Broth, Pressure Cooker Turkey Back Broth