Instant Pot Yellow Eye Beans. Dried beans, ready in about an hour without soaking, thanks to pressure cooking.
- 1 pound dried Yellow Eye beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 cups water
- Sort and rinse the beans: Sort the yellow eye beans, removing any broken beans, stones, and dirt clods. Put the beans in a strainer and rinse under running water.
- Pressure cook the beans for 30 minutes with a Quick Release: Put the beans in the pressure cooker, sprinkle with the salt, and set the onion and garlic on top. Pour in the 6 cups of water, stir, and then lock the pressure cooker lid. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes in an electric pressure cooker, or 25 minutes in a stovetop PC, then quick release the pressure.
- Serve: Remove the pressure cooker lid – open it away from you to protect yourself from the hot steam. Discard the onions and garlic cloves. (The garlic cloves may have dissolved into the broth – it’s OK if you can’t find them.) Serve with the broth and enjoy, or transfer the beans to 2-cup containers, cover with broth, and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Soaked the beans overnight? Reduce the cooking time to 15 minutes at high pressure with a quick release.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Yellow Eye Beans, Pressure Cooker Yellow Eye Beans