Lobster Rolls. Sweet lobster meat in a mayonnaise-based sauce. A taste of the Maine coastline in a split-top bun.
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup minced celery (about half a rib)
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt (a pinch)
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (a few grinds)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 Split-top hot dog buns
- A few tablespoons of melted butter (optional) for toasting the buns
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves (optional)
- Mix the lobster salad: In a large bowl, add the lobster chunks and minced celery. Drizzle with the lemon juice, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Stir in the mayonnaise until everything is well mixed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toast the buns (optional): Brush the sides of the split-top buns with butter and toast them in a large skillet set over medium heat, about a minute a side, until they are golden brown. Watch the buns carefully - bread goes from toasted brown to black and burnt in a heartbeat.
- Serve: Gently open the split top of the buns, and (optionally) set a lettuce leaf inside the split top of each bun. Fill the buns with the lobster salad. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Sunday Dinner
- Method: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lobster Rolls