Pressure cooker sweet potatoes with a spicy kick from pureed chipotle en adobo.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 pounds (3 large) sweet potatoes, peeled and rough chopped 1/2″ thick
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or 2 teaspoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle en adobo puree or dried chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook the sweet potatoes: Melt the butter in the pressure cooker pot over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes, sprinkle with the salt and baking soda, add the chipotle and brown sugar, then stir in the water. Lock the lid and bring the pressure cooker up to high pressure. Lower the heat to maintain high pressure, cook at high pressure for 16 minutes (20 minutes in an electric PC), then quick release the pressure.
- Puree the sweet potatoes: Mash the potatoes in the pot using the potato masher – they should be very soft, and puree easily. (Or, dump everything from the pot into a food processor and run for 30 seconds.) Taste and add more salt or sugar if needed.
Video of this recipe: Pressure Cooker Sweet Potatoes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Amercian