Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Honey recipe - sweet, crispy brussels sprouts - with bacon!
- 4 ounces thick cut bacon, diced
- 9 ounces shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Drizzle of honey (about 1 teaspoon)
- Brown the bacon: Spread the bacon out in the bottom of the skillet, then put it over medium-low heat and cook the bacon, stirring often, until the bacon is well browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving as much fat behind as possible. Set the bacon aside for later.
- Cook the sprouts: Add the shaved Brussels sprouts to the skillet and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Sauté the sprouts, stirring and flipping often. The sprouts are done when they are browned and crisp on the edges and the white center turns a light tan and looks softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the bacon and honey: Stir the bacon back into the sprouts, drizzle with the honey, toss, and scrape the sprouts into a serving bowl.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American