Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto. Risotto is so easy in the pressure cooker; here’s a classic Italian Risotto ai Funghi, which can be vegetarian if you make it with vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces of baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned and chopped (or substitute button mushrooms)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice (Or Carnaroli or Vialone Nano rice)
- ½ cup white wine (or more broth)
- 4 cups homemade vegetable or chicken broth (or store-bought low-sodium broth)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt (skip if using store-bought broth)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Sauté the mushrooms: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an Instant Pot using sauté mode adjusted to high, until the oil starts to shimmer (Medium-high heat in a stovetop pressure cooker). Add the chopped mushrooms to the pot and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms give up their liquid and start to brown, about 10 minutes. Move half the mushrooms to a plate with a slotted spoon, and set aside for later.
- Add the garlic, rice, wine, and broth: Put 1 tablespoon of butter in the pot with the remaining mushrooms, and wait for it to melt. Add the garlic, then stir in the rice, coating it with the butter. Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pot with a flat edged wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits of mushroom. Pour in the broth, stir in the ½ teaspoon salt (if using homemade broth), and lock the lid.
- Pressure Cook the risotto for 5 minutes with a Quick Release: Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes in an Instant Pot, electric pressure cooker, or stovetop pressure cooker. (Use Manual Mode or Pressure Cook for an Instant Pot). Quick release the pressure, then carefully remove the lid, tilting it away from you to avoid the scalding hot steam.
- Stir in butter, cheese, and the reserved mushrooms: Stir the 2 tablespoons of butter into the rice until it melts, then stir in the grated cheese and the sautéed mushrooms set aside earlier. Serve, sprinkling with a little extra grated cheese and some minced parsley. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto, Risotto ai Funghi, Pressure Cooker Mushroom Risotto