Pressure cooker white rice recipe - rice from the pressure cooker in about 20 minutes.
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt or ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Add the rice to the pot: Pour the rice, water, and salt into the pressure cooker pot and stir.
- Pressure cook the rice: Lock the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Turn off warming mode and let pressure come down for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure in the pot. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
No pressure cooker? See my Basic White Rice recipe for traditional pot instructions.
You can make this recipe in a stove top pressure cooker if you want, but I don’t think it saves much time or attention when compared to regular stove top rice. The big advantage I get is the set it and forget it nature of the electric pressure cooker.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot White Rice, Pressure Cooker White Rice