- 12" skillet with lid
- 2 tablespoon oil - any combination of olive oil, vegetable oil, or butter (I usually use 1 tablespoon olive oil & 1 tablespoon butter)
- 1 lb frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon barbecue rub (optional)
1. Preheat oil: Heat the oil and butter in a 12" skillet over medium heat, until the butter has stopped foaming.
2. Cook corn: Add the frozen corn, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and barbecue rub. Stir or toss to evenly coat the corn with the oil and spices. Put a lid on the pan, and cook until the corn is hot, about 10 minutes, checking if the corn is cooked through and stirring occasionally.
3. "Barbecue" corn: (Optional) Remove the lid, and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid in the pan has boiled away and the corn is nicely browned - usually another 3-5 minutes.
*To add some kick to this, sprinkle ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes into the oil/butter about 30 seconds before adding the frozen corn
*I check if the corn is hot enough in step 2 by sticking my finger in the middle of the corn - if it's hot, then the corn is done. See the picture above.*