- 3 lbs summer squash, ends trimmed, stripe peeled*, cut lengthwise into ½" thick planks
- 1 lbs Eggplant, ends trimmed, stripe peeled, cut lengthwise into ½" thick planks
- 4 cippolini onions, trimmed (or, 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into ½" thick planks
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de provence
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or pressed through a press)
- 1 large tomato, cored and diced
- 4-6 basil leaves, cut into a chiffonade
1. Prep the vegetables: Prep the squash, eggplant and onions as described above.
5. Finish the dish: Add the diced tomato, and the basil chiffonade into the bowl, and toss again. Taste for seasoning; add salt, pepper if it needs it.
Questions? Comments? Better ideas? Leave them in the comments, below.