Dad Cooks Chili for Super Bowl LI – 2017
The Super Bowl means chili, and chili means a big pot of Texas Red. This is my signature super bowl chili; I have made it for Super Bowl Sunday since the ’90s, and it’s the dish everyone asks me to bring to potlucks. That’s why I have so many variations on it – pressure cooker, slow cooker, stovetop, take your pick.
But, Texas Red chili is intense, with its big chunks of beef and its thick, chili-rich sauce. It is for hardcore chili-heads. For the less chili-obsessed, I also make a batch of ground beef and bean (or turkey and bean) chili, which is what people in Northeastern Ohio expect when I say “Chili”. (Yes, I know. We’re not from Texas.)
- Big Batch of Quick Chili (with canned beans) in the 8 Quart Pressure Cooker
- Pressure Cooker Ground Beef and Bean Chili (with dried beans)
- Pressure Cooker Turkey and Black Bean Chili (with dried beans)
- My Top 5 Pressure Cooker Chilies for the Super Bowl
Of course, chili is just the start. Everyone wants some nibbles, something they can snack on during them game. If the party needs me to bring something more than just chili, I’ll make chicken wings or salsa.
Grilled Chicken wings – my favorite way to make wings
Salsa and Guacamole
- Quick Red Salsa
- Grilled Tomato-Tomatillo Salsa
- Tomato and Pumpkin Seed Salsa
- Guacamole Sauce – Salsa De Guacamole
What do you think?
Questions? Other ideas? What are you making for the Super Bowl? Talk about it in the comments section below.
Enjoyed this post? Want to help out DadCooksDinner? Subscribe to DadCooksDinner via eMail or RSS reader, recommend DadCooksDinner to your friends, and buy something from Amazon.com through the links on this site. Thank you.