*Aargh. Remember this picture if you ever think of putting something on the web that you might later regret. Black socks? What was I thinking? On the other hand (literally), I've got Ben in all his baby cuteness to distract you.
Recipe: Easy Barbecue Sauce
Easy Barbecue Sauce recipe - make your own barbecue sauce from pantry ingredients.
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses (or brown sugar, or honey)
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp Franks Red Hot (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
Really - it's that easy. Whisk and go.
- Category: Accompaniment
- Cuisine: American
- Obviously, this recipe can vary quite a bit (see all the optional ingredients and variations)
- When I have it on hand (almost always), I'll add a tablespoon of barbecue rub to the sauce instead of the Frank's red hot.
- I usually make a 4x batch of this recipe - I buy a 32oz bottle of ketchup, and go from there. Voila - enough barbecue sauce to last for a couple of months!
- In case you missed it in the original picture, check out my mad art skills on the label: