“I never look back, darling. It distracts from the Now.”
Edna Mode, The Incredibles
Thank you for another great year at DadCooksDinner. Five years. Five years? That seems like forever, and on the other hand, not that long. My readership keeps trending upward, slow and steady. And, really, that’s why I write - because you’re out there reading. To celebrate five years of posting, here are a set of top five lists from the last year’s posts on DadCooksDinner.
Top five events in year five of DadCooksDinner
1. I got into Sous Vide cooking in a big way
…to the point where the kids said “Dad, sous vide steak again? Seriously?”
2. My rotisserie cookbook keeps on selling
I earned my expenses on the book, and then the sales took off as grilling season started this summer. At last count, I sold a (a little) over 3000 copies. Thank you to everyone who bought my book!
3. I passed 600 posts on DadCooksDinner
Now up to post 667 - the neighbor of the beast!
4. DadCooksDinner “as seen in…”
5. DadCooksDinner on the road
Top five favorite pictures
- From Rotisserie Peruvian Chicken (Pollo a la Brasa) with Drip Pan Purple Potatoes
From Things I Love: Oxo 4 Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set
- From Loneliness of the Midwinter Blogger
- From Road Trip: West Side Market
- From PicOfTheWeek: Grilled Teriyaki Top Sirloin
Top five most popular recipes I published in the last year
- Pressure Cooker Garlic Confit
- Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Pressure Cooker Cincinnati Chili
- Slow Cooker Braised Chicken Thighs
- Pressure Cooker Refried Pinto Beans
…wow, you guys really like my pressure cooker recipes. I can’t believe Pressure Cooker Garlic Confit is the favorite. Are any of you using that recipe? (Links from Reddit are half the traffic to that post, so I don’t know if it was “he’s doing what?” versus actual interest in using the recipe.) This list is pressure cooker heavy, so here are the other favorites from the last year:
Most popular recipes from the last year, non-pressure-cooker edition:
- Grilled Mini Sweet Peppers
- Grilled Kofta Kebabs
- Rotisserie Turkey wrapped with Bacon
- Grilled Butterflied Chicken with Garlic Butter
- Grilled Cowboy Chop (Double Cut Ribeye, Reverse Seared)
Recipes my wife and kids loved
Diane: Grilled Pizza with Egg and Pepperoni
Ben: Rotisserie Baby Back Apple Ribs
Natalie: Pressure Cooker Refried Pinto Beans
Tim: Baked Italian Meatballs
…my definition of a successful recipe is when one of the kids begs me to make it again. It doesn’t happen that often. They would rather have Banquet chicken nuggets most of the time. Sigh.
Thanks again for reading, everyone!
What do you think?
Questions? Other ideas? Leave them in the comments section below.
*Enjoyed this post? Want to help out DadCooksDinner? Subscribe to DadCooksDinner using the RSS or Email options on the right, recommend DadCooksDinner to your friends, buy something from Amazon.com through the links on this site, or donate through my tip jar. Thank you.